The Manitoba Trucking Association and Volvo Trucks Canada announce Murray Slack of DeckX as the 2015 Manitoba Driver of the Year. @TruckingMB @DriveTransX
The Manitoba Trucking Association Awards recently took place and Manitoba Trucking Association and Volvo Trucks Canada presented the Industry Excellence Award to three drivers from TransX Group of Companies, they were; Murray Slack (DeckX), Kirk Cassidy (DeckX), and Craig Stinson (TransX Linehaul).
Murray Slack, 2015 Manitoba Driver of the Year was recognized from a list of 10-15 drivers who epitomized excellence in the trucking industry. These drivers have demonstrated a commitment to the trucking industry, safety, and customer service. They may have performed acts of outstanding bravery or courage, risking their own lives to save others. These are the drivers that every fleet manager and company owner is glad to have as members of their team; these are also the professional drivers other drivers look up to. From this pool of drivers, the annual Volvo Trucks Canada Driver of the Year is chosen. A driver with TransX Group of Companies with over 35 years of experience, Murray has received numerous company safety awards and has over 4 million miles accident free.
- RBC Royal Bank Service to Industry Award – Awarded annually to a member who has made significant contributions toward furthering the aims and development of the truck transportation industry. Nominations must be in writing.
- The Payne Transportation LP Associate of the Year Award – Recognizes a member of the Associated Trades Division who has made a positive contribution to the programs and/or development of the Association. Nominations Must be in writing.
- Manitoba Trucking Association Pioneer’s Club – Recognizes members of the Trucking Industry who has been continually employed in the trucking business for at least twenty-five years, and have made positive contributions to industry during that time.
- Shaw Tracking Distinguished Member Award – The Manitoba Trucking Association “Distinguished Member” Award is bestowed to a MTA Member Company deemed to have made a long term commitment and noteworthy contributions to the Manitoba Trucking Association, its Associated Trades Division, Vehicle Maintenance Council and the Manitoba trucking industry through on-going dedication, active participation and support of the MTA.
- Driver of the Year – The Manitoba Driver of the Year Award is presented annually to one of the award winners from the previous year’s Driver of the Month competition. These awards are given based on commitment to industry, safety, outstanding acts, and customer service. From the Driver of the Month award winners, one recipient emerges to win the Manitoba Driver of the Year Award. This award is sponsored by Volvo Trucks Canada.
If trucking is a lifestyle for you, then start driving your career and connect with Our Recruiters today!